Saturday, November 22, 2014

Another great day with The Nerdy Teacher!

Another great day of PD!  When the person leading the PD is as energetic, enthusiastic, and encouraging as Nick is, one really doesn't mind coming in to work on a Saturday!

We got to explore more great technological resources that my students can use!  I'm already planning to incorporate using Today's Meet to get students engaged in class discussion.  Instead of doing a traditional pen and paper journal on Monday and then having a "whole class discussion"--because let's be honest....only about a third of you actually participate--we can use Today's Meet to discuss things digitally (see below for the QR code to easily join the discussion!  It's going to be great! At least I sure hope so...it's always nerve wracking to try something brand new!  But hey...I tell my students not to be afraid to fail, so I can't be either, right?  I'm also really excited to use some of the digital story telling apps for the Chromebook as well as other really cool websites!  

So get ready to get techie!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment